Everquip garage equipment, have been manufacturing vehicle inspection pits since 1999 (original pits are still in use today) and have over 3750+ pits installed in over 14 different countries.
So, when HSE in the UK came looking to improve health and safety inside workshops using vehicle pits, they looked no further than Everquip to provide the information and guidance.
A link to the publication can be found below:
The document covers the following areas of concerns regarding inspection pits:
- Preventing falls into pits
- Limiting access to the area where an inspection pit is
- Covering pit openings
- Safe access across the pit
- Types of barriers to prevent falls into a vehicle pit
- Improving visibility inside a vehicle pit
- Reducing the risk of slips and trips inside an inspection pit
- Access to vehicle pits during working hours
- Preventing fire and asphyxiation inside an inspection pit
- Preventing vehicles or other objects falling into the pit
For more information on how to maintain a safe working environment please contact a member of the team for a free site survey.