Everquip was contacted by Phoenix Truck and Trailer of Feltham, the business owners had outgrown their current garage facility and where literally bursting at the seams. They had located new premises and wanted our expert advice to make the best use of the much larger facility.
Our Managing Director visited the site and spoke to the management team to learn what they wanted for the new premises and what future plans they had for the company.
We carried out a full design of the layout and returned to the client. Consultations then took place over the design until the final layout was agreed.
Everquip then quoted the installation and agreed terms and time scale.
The remit for the site was as follows:
- Installation of Twin DVSA ATF Lanes with T Section Interconnecting tunnels
- Three sets BM Autotecnik BM 14200 DVSA ATF Approved Heavy Duty Commercial Vehicle Brake Testers, one unit with DVSA Tachograoh option
- Two sets of BM Autotecnik BM53000 DVSA Approved Heavy Duty Commercial Wheel Play Detectors
- Inspection Lanes to be fully MoT Approved for all classes of Vehicles, Car and Light Vans (class 4), Minibuses and Small and Large Coaches (Class 5 and Class 5 Light) Commercial Vans (Class 7) PSV and HGV
- Supplying of Heavy Duty Finkbeiner 30000kgs Wireless Mobile Column Lifts
- Supply of Heavy Duty 6500kgs Rotary Two Post Vehicle Lifts
- Full Civil Works
The site threw up some interesting challenges. The client had advised us that the new facility was built on made up ground and had a structured Gas Membrane which would need to sealed against the Inspection Pits and the Brake Tester Sub Frames. Having carried out this type of installation before it was no issue to our company and the pre fabricated pits and tunnels where manufactured to accommodate the gas membrane. Our civil works team worked along side the gas Membrane specialist and the site was signed off for certification.
The installation was delivered on time, on budget and the client is delighted with the installation.